Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired green card, valid I-797 and trip to Mexico

Hi,

My wife is in the process of getting her permanent green card – we filed I-751 and received I-797 which acts as extension of her green card here in USA

Will we be able to travel to Mexico by air – showing her Russian passport, expired green card and valid I-797 to Mexican border patrol? Or maybe just valid California drivel licenses and passport would be sufficient?

Did anybody have this experience?

Thank you

i am in the same situation and i about to travel to mexico.... expired GC, i797 NOA ( 1 year extension from I751) , valid passport (from india). since i797 extends the GC and permenant legal residents of usa can enter mexico without visa.. technically it sounds like no problem but i dont know what could hapen at the mexican airport. if anyone has any experiance with this please let us know.
    also i tried to get my passport stamped but uscis said no and said it should not be a problem.

Comment

Landing in Mexico vs USA

I'm in the same situation. I do know that if you arrive in Mexico, they are not going to care what kind of documents you do have from the US other than a valid passport from whatever country you are from. The question is what will "US CUSTOMS" do when you arrive back in the US and show them your expired green card along with your I-797 ( which says you have "x" amount of time extended to work and travel before your new green card arrives ). This is something I cannot seem to find the answer to.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X