X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vsh
    replied
    That means

Does that mean its best I go to Wisconsin first, start working and then take a short vacation (PTO) later (ofcourse I'd be paid during my PTO period).

Regarding my other question, is it sufficient if I carry the Passport, I-797, I-129 and Offer Letter to the Immi officer at the PoE?

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    If you enter on H1b, it is important that you begin work soon and start getting paid. It is a MUST to maintain your status.

At POE, you will be asked the nature of your visit. If you are coming to work, you should use H1b. If you are visiting, the B1/B2. If you enter on B1/B2, you cannot work for H1b employer.

Leave a comment:

• vsh
    started a topic Different work place and port of entry

Different work place and port of entry

Friends,
    I have my H1 visa stamped for an employer in Wisconsin (for an in-house project). But, I want to travel to California first to spend time with my relatives (a short holiday for a few weeks) and then move over to Wisconsin. I also hold a valid multiple entry B1/B2 visa. So, when I land in CA, will the immi officer at the PoE stamp my I-94 for a few weeks on B1/2 or for 3 years (upto expiry of my H1) on H1?
    Is there any rule that I have to travel to my work place the first time?
    Also, what all documents do I need to carry with me (apart from the offer letter)?

Regards,
    VSH.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X