L1 & H1B - Travel to India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 & H1B - Travel to India

My wife is currently working for Company A on L1B and this L1 is valid upto March'2011.
    We applied H1B for her in April'2009 via Company B with non-automatic change of status. She got her H1 visa approved, we received H1's I797 in Oct'09 and no I-94 attached to it (as this is non COS application).
    She is now continuing to work for Company A in her L1 visa status.

In this context, we have following questions:
    1) As the status is not automatically changed to H1, it is legal to work for company A on L1 now, right?
    2) Is there any rule or time period where she must switch to H1?
    3) This year march we are planning to travel to India, While returning she wants to come back on L1 status itself (as the project with Company A going to continue). We don't need to do anything special to return on L1 itself right?
    4) What happens to her H1, when she return to US on L1 status?
    5) Will we be able to do Change of status from L1 to H1 later on?

Please help me by clarifying these. Thanks in advance.

L1 & H1B - Travel to India

We have our travel scheduled for 19th of this month. Can some one please clarify my queries, especially this one:

3) This year march we are planning to travel to India, While returning she wants to come back on L1 status itself (as the project with Company A going to continue). We don't need to do anything special to return on L1 itself right?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sudheer5181 View Post
      We have our travel scheduled for 19th of this month. Can some one please clarify my queries, especially this one:

Thanks.
      Hi sudheer,

I am in the same boat currently, Can u please help me by answering my question.

Currently i ma in US and My H1 is Approved in dec 2012 and got my I-797 with new I-94. My L1 is valid till April 2013 and i need to travel urgently India on Jan 2013 and Come back in Feb 2013.

My Question is Can i am able to come back on L1? Appreciate your help in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X