Delhi to Chopta Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delhi to Chopta Trip

Hi, I am planning a trip to Chopta for 5 days along with my parents. Please can someone help me with the following -

a) Suggested itinerary from Delhi to Chopta.
    b) How are the road conditions?
    c) Where should i stop over(for 1 night) as driving directly seems to be quite tiring from Delhi to Chopta
    d) For 2N/3D at Chopta, what all should be covered. Don't want to miss on the most crucial places/experiences...
    e) Any specific tips for trekking
    f) Any other suggestions...

Thanks

Hi Shreyansh,

Chopta, Uttrakhand is a nice place to visit with family. The distance from Delhi to Chopta is 407 km. It will take you around 10 hours by road to reach Chopta.

The road conditions are pretty good and you can travel easily.

You will see the peaks of Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Chaukhamba. Chopta is a very nice place for Adventure and Trekking lovers.

Here is the route: Delhi - Sonipat - Muzzafarnagar - Roorkee - Haridwar - Rishikesh - Srinagar - Chopta via NH 7

You can stop for a night at Haridwar. And can leave for Chopta the next day.

Have a happy and Safe Journey, Shreyansh.

Regards,
    Rishabh

Comment

"That's a great idea! The Chopta trek is suitable for beginners or older trekkers with not much experience, but if your parents have any health problems, recent surgery, or knee problems, it might not be a good idea.

a) Suggested itinerary from Delhi to Chopta.

The best way is to get to Haridwar or Rishikesh as fast as you can, so that you can spend more time in the beautiful campsites at Chopta. Try an overnight bus or a train to Haridwar. Your operator can pick you up at Haridwar and take you directly to Chopta. Alternatively, if you're driving, stop at Rishikesh and spend the night at a resort or campsite there. It's quite scenic if you choose a campsite on the river banks (not the Ganges banks but the shores of a tributary). There are comfortable air-cooled or AC tents available, as well as cottages with clean, modern rooms and washrooms, so your parents can sleep well. Your operator can pick you up from there. This should answer your third question about breaking the journey too.

b) How are the road conditions?

The road from Delhi to Rishikesh is in decent condition. From Rishikesh onwards, it might get difficult with traffic jams, road construction, etc. If you can get to Rishikesh by train or bus, book an operator to pick you up here, so you can avoid driving and enjoy time with your parents.

c) Where should i stop over(for 1 night) as driving directly seems to be quite tiring from Delhi to Chopta

Answered in the first answer.

d) For 2N/3D at Chopta, what all should be covered. Don't want to miss on the most crucial places/experiences...
      This depends on the level of fitness and experience of you and your parents. From Sari Village, you can trek to Deoriatal in just 2-3 hrs. This is a lovely spot for camping because you'll be staying right on the banks of the lake. The next day you can return to Sari, and your operator can drive you to Chopta. From here, you can also choose to visit Tungnath but that's quite a climb.

e) Any specific tips for trekking

Make sure that you and your parents have comfortable trekking shoes. You should ensure that the shoes have been worn and walked in for a few days or weeks before the trek, so that they are not too tight or pinching during the trek. Dress in layers so you can adjust to the increase or decrease in temperature, and make sure everyone has caps to protect them from the sun. You should all have water bottles and should keep sipping water. Carry some dry fruit and chocolate as energy boosters.

f) Any other suggestions..."

Comment

Thank you for sharing. This is very useful to me
        <a href="http://operagarden.vn/Tripadvisor-Opera-Garden-Restaurant-best-restaurant-in-Hanoi">tripadvisors restaurants near me</a>

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X