Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parental authroization form for minors when one parent is outside USA

Hi,
    I am in the process of applying Indian visa for my minor son. My wife is already in India.
    One of the required document is "Notarized parental authorization form" signed by both parents. Now that my wife is in India, does Indian embassy accepts sign of one parent? If not, how should proceed with the visa application.
    Please suggest. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kiran1986; 03-30-2021, 02:42 AM.

kiran1986 No, sign of 1 parent will not be accepted. Both parents have to authorize issuance of visa by signing the parental auth form. There is a strict US law that governs this. They don't want 1 parent to kind of kidnap their kid from another parent (in case of domestic issues) and take them overseas. Cases like this have happened. That is the reason of parental authorization form with sign of both parents.

You are in a tough spot. You will need to contact Consulate on how to proceed with this!

One thing you can do is you sign and notarize the form here and then send the same form by courier to your wife in India who will notarize it there in India and send it back to you. But again don't know if this will be accepted here. You will need to ask and confirm this from your area's consulate.

Originally posted by kiran1986 View Post
    Hi,
    I am in the process of applying Indian visa for my minor son. My wife is already in India.
    One of the required document is "Notarized parental authorization form" signed by both parents. Now that my wife is in India, does Indian embassy accepts sign of one parent? If not, how should proceed with the visa application.
    Please suggest. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Donald_Trump; 04-02-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X