Travel Ban to US while minor US citizen is in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Ban to US while minor US citizen is in India

Hello, I travelled with my wife and infant to India last month. I am on H1B while my wife is on H4 visa. My infant is a US citizen. There is a travel ban from India to US starting May 4. I won't be able to go back before 4th as my visa is not yet stamped (it shows as under 'Administrative Processing'). I wanted to know if my wife and I are eligible to enter the US after 4th as per point #4 under exemptions

It states below:
    • A foreign national who is the parent or legal guardian of an unmarried U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident under the age of 21;
    Immihelp.com - Comprehensive information on green card, Visitors Visa, H1 Visa, Student Visa, other visas and visitors medical insurance, newcomer to USA

Yes, you and your wife can enter the US, with evidence that you are the parents of your child and that your child is a US citizen.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for letting know! One thing to note though - there is no mention as to whether the US citizen should be present in the US or outside for the parents/guardians to enter the US. It may be argued that a 10-month old US citizen should not be considered as a bridge for the non-citizen parents (authorized to work in the US) to enter the country since the minor does not have a home of their own in the States and can stay with the parents in India during the ban. Any thoughts?

Comment

You do not have to travel with the child for you to be able to enter the US. Just proof that you have a US citizen child is sufficient.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X