No announcement yet.

Recent Travel Experience - New US Passport w/ PIO, Expired Passports w/ visas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Travel Experience - New US Passport w/ PIO, Expired Passports w/ visas

Just for the benefit of Immihelp readers, I wanted to share my family's recent travel experience to India.

I traveled on new U.S. passport for the first time ever. I had the PIO card and also took my old, cancelled Indian passport, just in case. There were NO travel issues in India. The immigration officer looked at the US passport and PIO card, and that's it.

My son, had a new U.S. passport, but his Indian visa was affixed in his old expired U.S. passport. I chose NOT to have his valid Indian visa transferred to new passport to save the cost. For everyone's benefit, there we NO issues whatsoever in India. We just gave my son's new U.S. passport and old passport, and the immigration officer processed everything normally. People tend to think there may be issues if the Indian visa is in an expired passport, but that is not the case at all.

For those considering transferring valid Indian visas into new U.S. passports, don't bother and just save the unnecessary expense.

Good luck.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X