Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling citizen and LPR going through Border Patrol in US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling citizen and LPR going through Border Patrol in US?

Hello All,
    I will be traveling with my husband soon. I am a citizen and he is currently a LPR. I just wanted to ask anyone to share their experiences or advise on border patrol coming back.

Coming back to the US from our last international trip, we split into the different lines at border and security patrol. My husband (LPR) went to the green card holders line and I was in the citizens line. And of course the citizens line goes much much faster and I had to wait on my husband for like 1.5 hours. An officer later told us we could’ve both gone in the same (us citizens) line since we’re married.

Just wanted to see if anyone traveling can tell me if this is true, and if we can just both go through US CITIZENS line together.

thank you in advance

I haven't experienced it myself but I know it's an awkward situation. I believe, from reading other people's experiences, that if the LPR is travelling with their citizen spouse, you can both take the citizen line.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X