Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we obtain a permanent UK visa for my girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we obtain a permanent UK visa for my girlfriend?

Hi.

Thank you for taking the time to read my question today and I really hope you are able to offer some help, any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

My girlfriend is Philippina and I am British, we are living in London at the moment although I am from Bournemouth. She has overstayed her tourist visa here but we would like to get her a permanent visa. We have been told we need to get married, can we get married in Philippines or does it need to be here? Does she need to go home first before making the application? What are the chances a permanent visa will be approved? Of course we would have no problem proving we are a real couple as we've been together 3.5 years.

We understand we will have to use a solicitor and that's ok but any advice you can offer would be incredible (I am just a housekeeper in a hotel).

Thank you in advance guys.

Dan

Your accomplice either its girlfriend or boyfriend can apply for a family visa to come and live with you on the off chance that they're by the same token:

your better half, spouse, common accomplice, proposed common accomplice or fiancé(e)

your accomplice who you've lived with for no less than 2 years

They can apply for a family visa assuming that you have one of the accompanying:

English citizenship

Irish citizenship - you should be living or have lived in the UK

endless leave to remain or right of residence

exile status or compassionate insurance

settled status from the EU Settlement Scheme.

Comment

Hello, I have a similar issue. My girlfriend lives in the UK as a skilled worker and we have been together for the last 3 years. However, we are not married and we dont plan to be so, also, because of university, COVID and work, we havent had the chance to live together permanently during those 3 years. Do you think we are still eligible for the dependant visa? Or appliance would be a lose of money and time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X