Residency and Work requirements UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residency and Work requirements UK

Hi All, hoping you guys can answer a couple of questions for me.

I am a British passport holder from birth but have lived overseas for a couple of decades now, but, due to my kids wanting to go to Uni in the UK we are planning to move back over to the UK early next year.

My Wife is a US citizen and the kids are dual nationals (so they have no problem) so I am trying to get answers about what I need to do for my Wife.

1. We don't have a house in the UK yet, but we have somewhere to stay until we do (my Sisters), is this sufficient or am I required to have an 'Actual' house of my own? Obviously this would be problematic if we could only start that application once I have found somewhere.

2. My job entails a LOT of overseas travel, and I am normally out of the country for long periods, or many days throughout the year. Enough so that I am classed as normally non resident for tax purposes. As a UK citizen, I am guessing that I am still entitled to apply for a Spouse visa, even in this case, but am I wrong in thinking that? My Wife does not intend to work, she just wants to be with the kids..

3. And finally, as I am currently overseas (Spain), from what I have read I have to apply outside of the UK, which is fine, but once the application is granted (if it is), is there a time limit on how long you have to make the move? I don't want to get the application accepted and then be forced to move prematurely just to get in in time.

thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X