Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dad is being Deported back to Fiji. PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad is being Deported back to Fiji. PLEASE HELP!

Monday morning (5-11-15 around 6AM California time) some immigration officers came to my house looking for my Dad. My Dad was not home, since he had spent the night at his friends house, because he was too drunk to drive. They (immigration officers) talked a little bit with my Mom before my Dad came home.

They arrested my Dad and told my Mom he is going to be deported and asked for his passport, which my Mom doesn't remember where she has put it, since my Dad hasn't really traveled by plane much, not to mention its expired anyways. They gave us his wallet and his keys, but took his phone (even though they don't plan on giving it to him) and possibly other things he had on him.

We immediately called his lawyer, and he said that my Dad is indeed being deported. He said that, my Dad's case was in the 9th circuit. He claimed that he had told my Mom about it in a seminar, but my Mom doesn't remember any such conversation. The lawyer asked my Mom to call him later on that day to furthur discuss, but he did not pick up at all when she did.

Let me share some information that may help with your answer. I apologize for the lack of organizment, but my head isn't working at the time like this.
    ------------------------------
    Back in 2000, my Dad, had come to America (with a visa) to attend his brother's funeral. There was some kind of civil war going on in Fiji, therefor he couldn't return. Then his visa expired, which made it more difficult for him to return back to Fiji. He had filed for Asylum, but it didn't work out. Over the years, my Dad has hired many lawyers to fight his immigration case. Every one of those lawyers never really tried to fight the case to it's fullest. My Dad has been in America for nearly 15 years. By now he should have become a citizen if his lawyer(s) would have worked with him and gave him proper information he needed to know. My Dad was naive back then, not to mention he wasn't fluent in English. Our primary language is Hindi.

My Dad has never ran from the law. He has been paying lawyers for legal help with his immigration, as you know by now. He has never tried to hid or run from immigration, hence why he showed up even after my Mom called and said that the immigration officers are waiting for him to come home (of course on behalf of the officers), but the officers kinda didn't really tell my Mom for why they wanted to see my Dad. We currently don't know where he is being held. He did call us and ask us to call his lawyer, whom as I mentioned has not returned any calls. Our lawyer has not been very communicative with is, by not telling us about my Dad's deportation until the ICE showed up on our door.
    -------------------------------------
    About 5-7 years ago, my mom had misunderstood my Dad and thought he was talking about doing things to her. My Dad was extremely drunk (it was Father's Day, so he was celebrating) and he was mumbling and talking too fast to be understood. What he was trying to say was that, a man in front of our house was talking about guns and hurting someone. My Dad tried to tell this to my Mom, but my Mom misunderstood him and got scared, so she called 911. But before the cops arrived, my Dad then again told my Mom that he heard another guy say that stuff.

Anyways, when the cops came, they saw my Mom crying. So they charged my Dad for assault from what it looked like and what the call was about. But we explained to the cops that my Dad didn't do anything and the call was a misunderstanding. We explained why my Mom was crying. We told the cops that my Dad had accidentally pulled on my Mom's hair (he intended to grab her shoulder) to stop himself from falling down. He was drunk after all. But the cop marked it down that we reported him for assault.

We were told that he would be released the next morning, but the immigration had got him and he spent 4 years in jail. He was released in late 2012 on bond. That was the only incident he had with the law. Because of that misunderstanding by the officer, my Dad has a felony on his record.
    ----------------------------------
    My Mom and I, had came to America in 2005 to live with my Dad. My Mom and I had won a green card lottery. Anyways, My Mom and I became US Citizens, while my Dad was in jail.

To some it up, my Dad is not a "illegal 'alien'". He came to this country legally to attend his brother's funeral. He has been truthful about his immigration status for 15 years. He has done everything that a American Citizen does. He has paid taxes and stuff. My Dad has not been in Fiji for 15 years. He wouldn't know what to do there now. He has established his life here in America. He is 60 years old, and he will have a hard time settling in again and being able to provide for himself. My Mom and I are US Citizens. We depend on my Dad for financial support. If he were to be deported, we would most likely have debts and will become homeless without his support. Yes my Mom and I, do have jobs, but not enough income to pay the bills and buy food at the same time.
    ----------------------------------------
    What I'm asking is, if there is something we can do so my Dad doesn't get deported? Even if he does get deported, how long will he be banned from entering America? Can my Mom or I, sponsor him in anyway right now? I'm 19 years old, can I sponsor him when I turn 21? I've shared majority of the information with you guys, to determain if it's possible for him to return. Any suggestions on how to approch this, so my Dad can continue living in America with my Mom and I? I just want my Dad home, not 19 hours away, where I would only be able to meet him ones a week every year or two.

How can he get a pardon or a waiver for deportation? I know President(s) can do so in certain situations, but I do not know how to go through the process. I doubt our lawyer can help in that area. He advised us to prove that we need my father to support us, and only then the judge may rule on his favor. But even then it may not work, because I am legally an adult now. Nonetheless, my Mom and I still need him around.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X