Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diversity Lottery - Interview in another country / Changing country during process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversity Lottery - Interview in another country / Changing country during process

Hi there,

My family and I have applied to Canada's federal skilled workers program and the US Greencard lottery.
    In advanced stages of our immigration process to Canada, we were notified that we were selected for further processing in the Greencard lottery.
    As nothing was certain at that stage, we decided to move ahead with both programs.

It was clear to us that we would get Permanent residence in Canada way before we would be interviewed for the greencard visa, so we decided to move to Canada and do the interview there.
    When filing the DS-260 form, I selected Montreal, QC as the place where I wish to be interviewed. It was closest to where I intended to live in Canada.

Several days ago I was notified that my interview was scheduled, but the location of the interview was in my home country.
    I called KCC, they explained that this is because I specified my home country address in DS-260, but we did not have a Canadian address at the time.
    Since they already sent the file to home country's consulate, there is nothing they can do to help me. They suggested I contact local and Montreal's consulate and ask them if they agree to move the file.

Are you familiar with such situations?
    Why let people choose location of interview if the decision is eventually made based on person's last reported home address?
    Is there a chance that I will have to undergo the interview in my home country despite the request?
    If so, medicine + interview means the visit will have to be 1.5-2 months long, right?

With regards to the interview, do you think they will question my intent to immigrate to US because I immigrated to Canada?

Thanks in advance,
    Bruce

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X