No announcement yet.

I need information about my situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need information about my situation.

Hi I'm 26 years old from Turkey. So I'm living in NYC with my F1 student visa. I have a girlfriend who has a green card she is Japanese and she got the green card from lottery about 3 years ago buy she came here 5 months ago. Now we're planing to get married. In this case can I get my green card with marriage?

You can get GC from her but you only need to proof that your marriage is bona fide, that it is not based on fraud but true love and not because you just want to attain GC. So you will be called to attend an interview with your wife and during the interview be prepared to answer questions that proof you live in same house and have joint bank accounts, and have been in love for sometime. Questions will arise on how both of you came to know each other and how much both of you know your in-laws. Infact just know your spouse in and out to pass your interview.

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Hakan Arslan View Post
      Hi I'm 26 years old from Turkey. So I'm living in NYC with my F1 student visa. I have a girlfriend who has a green card she is Japanese and she got the green card from lottery about 3 years ago buy she came here 5 months ago. Now we're planing to get married. In this case can I get my green card with marriage?
      Your wife will need to file an I-130 petition first (after you two get married). It is important that you maintain your F-1 (or other types of ) legal status, as there is a priority date for GC spouse petitioning alien spouse. Based on the current visa bulletin (see USDOS website), you will need to wait 1-2 years before you can file I-485 Application to Adjust Status if you plan to stay in the U.S.

Send me an email if you need detailed explanation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X