Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption of Central American with US father

Good evening,

I have a daughter that I adopted in Central America, whose father is a US citizen. He abandoned her and her mother when she was still in the womb at 8 months. When she was born her birth certificate did not have a father on it. I went through the adoption process and in that country all that really needed to be done is change the name of the parents on the birth certificate for the adoption to be acknowledged. Recently her father (US Citizen) made contact with her mother to make amends to include filing all the necessary paperwork to grant US citizenship to my daughter. How does he go about the process without him essentially placing his name on her birth certificate. I am also a US citizen, My intentions were to file family member petitions for the two of them so they could immigrate to the US. As soon as we finally entered the US our next steps would be to find a lawyer and search for him to file the proper paperwork for her US citizenship. My wife and I have a son together and I was able to file for his citizenship with no hassles, the only concern with some the paperwork I had to submit is that I had to sign an affidavit stating that I would support my son in anyway possible until he turned 18. I would think her biological father would also have to submit the same type of documents. I have raised her as my own and we do not want anything to do with the biological father as in the area of him being able to have any contact with our daughter, or changing her name to have his name.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X