Asylum application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum application

I filed for I-589 on 02/18/2016. I received acknowledgment of receipt on 20/02/2016. I am yet to be notified for biometrics. Is there someone with similar experience? please share.

As soon as my application clocks 150 days, can I apply for EAD without biometric notification?

Thank you

Originally posted by LABELLE84 View Post
    I filed for I-589 on 02/18/2016. I received acknowledgment of receipt on 20/02/2016. I am yet to be notified for biometrics. Is there someone with similar experience? please share.

As soon as my application clocks 150 days, can I apply for EAD without biometric notification?

Thank you
    The main issue is for you to make sure your clock reaches 150 days. You can always apply for EAD even without biometric from the asylum office but the USCIS will carry out biometrics then since you dont have one. Make sure you fill the EAD form very well but check on C(8) Asylum Applicant on the form.

Asylum based EAD usually takes 3 weeks but be prepared to wait for another 90days+ before you receive your EAD card.

Good luck

Comment

Thank you for your response

I wrote to USCIS to find out if i can apply for EAD since i was yet to receive "notice for fingerprinting " .......no response from them. I scheduled an appointment with INFOPASS to inquire about my application.....the lady on the front desk was least unhelpful.....this took place in Sept 2016.......Only for me to receive "notice of action" for biometrics on 14th Dec.......i filed my I-589 on 18th feb 2016......my biometrics letter was received on 14th dec.....i am writing this to encourage someone out there.....do not give up.....

Comment

I797

I received my notification for biometrics dec 14th 2016.....I filed for I765 23rd dec(application for employment authorization) given that my I589 application has clocked 150 days..... I am yet to receive "notice of receipt" in mail.....however, i received a text message from USCIS informing me that I765 was received......I have no idea how long this will take.....is anybody going through a similar experience? Please share. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I have done my biometrics....just filed for my EAD....still waiting....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X