Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa transitioning to a Diversity Visa - Consular Processing

Hi everyone,

I have an L1 working visa and lawfully live in the US. I won the diversity visa lottery this year and I should have my interview in October.
    The issue is that I will have to travel for family reasons between October and January.
    If I opt for "Adjustment of Status" (http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...reen-card.html) I will have to remain inside the US during the green card application process. I heard from past winners that, with the Adjustment of Status, even if you ask for a waiver to travel outside during the green card application process, it takes around 4 months to get the approval to travel outside of the US.
    Is it possible, for a lawful non-resident alien under a working visa, to opt for "Consular Processing" instead and take the interview in my home country and thus be able to travel outside of the US during the application process (which takes around 4 months). I am even ready to quit my job and L1 visa, opt for "Consular Processing", travel outside the US during the application process and come back to the US after I received my green card.

Thanks very much,
    Last edited by didier; 07-29-2016, 08:47 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X