Asylum request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum request

A friend's dad has been shot twice within a year. Suevived both attacks. First one were two bullets in the head and second one 4 in the lower abdomen area. We don't know why the attacks, her dad says both times were because he was being robbed. I find that hard to believe. Can they request asylum? My friend is 18yrs old and her sister is 17, and an older sister already living in the US but under an H4 visa. Their mom passed away recently, natural causes.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by gdp004 View Post
    A friend's dad has been shot twice within a year. Suevived both attacks. First one were two bullets in the head and second one 4 in the lower abdomen area. We don't know why the attacks, her dad says both times were because he was being robbed. I find that hard to believe. Can they request asylum? My friend is 18yrs old and her sister is 17, and an older sister already living in the US but under an H4 visa. Their mom passed away recently, natural causes.
    Following

Asylum claims must be based on known terroism or political problems in the area of the applicant. A Chinese woman we know claimed asylum because of the Chinese "one child rule." That claim was being promoted by a Chinese immigration attorney in San Francisco. It got her to an Immigration Court hearing, at which time the judge was very skeptical and denied her. But the waiting period for a hearing was so long that she found a husband and was ready to complete conversion procedure (I-130 and I-485). They have since divorced.

--Ray B

Originally posted by gdp004 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Following

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X