Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can USAFIS explain the difference between a Diversity Visa and a Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can USAFIS explain the difference between a Diversity Visa and a Green Card?

Hey all!
    I understand that there is a difference between Diversity Visa and Green Card. It seems that Usafis organization can tell the difference and help me during the process. Can they do that?

According to the USAFIS Organization, although “Green Card Lottery” and “Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery” are often used to refer to the same US immigration program, there is a difference between a Diversity Visa and a Green Card. A person who is selected as a winner of the Green Card/Diversity Visa Lottery, and who then passes the Consular Interview stage successfully and is approved for immigration to the USA will be issued a Diversity Visa by the US State Department. The Diversity Visa is a colorful US immigration visa which is stamped inside the passport of a foreign national who has been approved for US permanent residency through the DV-Lottery Program and it is valid for a specified time period to authorize entry into the United States. After the Diversity Visa has been granted, however, a new US permanent resident must also pay a fee to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) so that the hard plastic US Permanent Resident Card (commonly referred to as a Green Card, because of its green color) can be issued. Within 30 days of paying the fee to USCIS, the Green Card will be mailed to the address in the USA specified by the new US permanent resident. A Green Card is considered an official form of identification (ID) which immigrants carry at all times and is proof that a foreign national is a permanent resident of the United States and authorized to live, study and work in the USA long-term (i.e., permanently).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X