Need help with aunt's refugee process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with aunt's refugee process

My mom's sister (my aunt) and her family are seeking refugee resettlement in USA from Ukraine.

The process started couple years ago. Aunt and her family were sent to initial interview in Kiev, Ukraine. If I am not mistaken this interview was relationship verification (to my mother), so aunt and her family fall into P-3 Family Reunion group. After that they were sent to Moscow, Russia for another interview, fingerprints, etc. In couple weeks they received letter that they were approved for refugee resettlement.

Shortly later they were scheduled for medical examination at IOM Kiev, Ukraine. After completion they were sent to cultural orientation in Lviv, Ukraine.

All of this seems to check out with USRAP flowchart pdf linked above, and currently it seems they are at the stage where their travel must be arranged with IOM possibly utilizing loan program for air travel.

After medical examination they were told to begin process of leaving Ukraine. I don't know the formal term for this process, but it includes collecting criminal records again (was already done once for interview), collecting tax records, and starting process involving abandoning Ukraine after completion of which they receive a stamp in passport for US Refugee.

This process took couple months and started in late November 2016. IOM stated that travel to USA can be arranged only after process is complete and my aunt sends copies of stamps in the passport. Process was completed Mid January 2017, week before first travel ban executive order.

Usually at that point it would take a week or two for IOM Ukraine to arrange travel, but they have been stalling since because of travel executive orders.

Now this is where the help is needed. We are looking for a way to speed things up and arrange aunt's travel to USA as soon as possible (not travel date). Aunt and her family can no longer legally work, fund are running out, and overall the situation is getting worse. Their medical will expire early June, and other documents will need to be renewed again, which in turn will take two months again.

Has anyone had success calling USRAP or IOM USA and getting something out of them?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X