Adoptation Of A child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoptation Of A child

My fiancee is In USA and she is a green card holder. She wants to Adopt A child from pakistan. Plz guide us that what's the procedure ???

Have a read here first:

U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents

Each year our office learns of cases in which lawful permanent residents (LPRs) of the United States have legally adopted a child in another country and then found out that the child cannot join them in the United States. Generally an LPR wishing to adopt a child who is not a U.S. citizen or LPR will have more options to apply for an adopted child to join them in the U.S. if they first become a U.S. citizen through naturalization. An unmarried U.S. citizen over twenty-five years of age or a married U.S. citizen may, upon meeting certain conditions, file a Form I-600, Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative, or, in some circumstances, a Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative, on behalf of an adopted child. The spouse of a married U.S. citizen need not be a U.S. citizen but he or she must agree to the adoption. Only U.S. citizens may file a Form I-600 or I-800 petition on behalf of a foreign-born adopted child.
    Alternatively, an LPR may bring an adopted foreign-born child to the United States based on an approved Form I-130 immigrant visa petition in the immigrant category "F2A" if the adopted child meets the definition of "child" in Section 101(b)(1)(E) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). That section of law requires: 1) the child be adopted while under the age of 16, 2) that the child has been in the legal custody of at least one adoptive parent for at least two years, and 3) that the child has resided with the same adoptive parent(s) for at least two years. These requirements must be satisfied before the LPR adoptive parent(s) may file an immigrant visa petition for the child. This type of visa is known as a “family preference immigrant visa.”
    Family preference immigrant visas are subject to numerical limitations, so even after the adoption and the two year physical and legal custody requirements have been met, there is likely to be an additional waiting period before a visa number becomes available.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X