• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiffer
    replied
    Originally posted by ddkk View Post
    Hello,
    .................I'm 26 years old, currently on H1-B visa.
    If you're on an H1-B, why don't you apply for a Green Card yourself or ask the company who sponsored you for the H1-B to sponsor you for a GC?

/employment-based-greencard/

Leave a comment:

• krypton9591
    replied
    Originally posted by ddkk View Post
    Hello,

My Uncle (father's own brother), who is a United States Citizen now(was a green Card Holder until 2017) is planning to adopt me upon my request.

If my uncle adopts me, he already has a son and a daughter, what are my chances of getting a GC or US citzenship. If i'm eligible, how long would it take.

I'm 26 years old, currently on H1-B visa.
    Those chances are a 0% https://www.uscis.gov/adoption/immig...ed-immigration

Leave a comment:

• newacct
    replied
    Originally posted by rayb View Post
    Actually, it is legally possible for you to be adopted as an adult (at least in California, and probably other states), but an adoption after you turn 14 can't be used to gain an immigration benefit.

--Ray B
    I think it's 16.

Leave a comment:

• rayb
    replied
    Actually, it is legally possible for you to be adopted as an adult (at least in California, and probably other states), but an adoption after you turn 14 can't be used to gain an immigration benefit.

--Ray B

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
    Your uncle cannot adopt you if you are an adult.

Leave a comment:

• samlynn
    replied
    adoption

Your uncle cannot adopt you if you are an adult.

Leave a comment:

• ddkk
    started a topic My Uncle Adopting me

My Uncle Adopting me

Hello,

My Uncle (father's own brother), who is a United States Citizen now(was a green Card Holder until 2017) is planning to adopt me upon my request.

If my uncle adopts me, he already has a son and a daughter, what are my chances of getting a GC or US citzenship. If i'm eligible, how long would it take.

I'm 26 years old, currently on H1-B visa.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X