Unmatched surname of father and kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmatched surname of father and kids

Is it mandatory that the kids and the father should have the same surname, is it possible to have different surname? and if the father and kids have different surnames what is the way the proves such relationship?

Originally posted by ahmed2324 View Post
    Is it mandatory that the kids and the father should have the same surname, is it possible to have different surname? and if the father and kids have different surnames what is the way the proves such relationship?
    It is not mandatory.

You can show the birth certificate with the father's name & if the parents are married, show the marriage certificate. If they are divorced, show that the father supports the children. School records with his name, custody agreements showing he has at least part custody, proof that he cares for them financially, proof that he spends time with them, etc. If the parents were never married, he has to have legitimized his children under the laws of his own country.

That is what matters in the end - the valid & lawful relationship, not the name.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X