• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just thought to write my Interview waiting experience

This was my second attempt

I applied through http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

20th of May 2005 - Received the 1st NL
    28th of May 2005 - Sent back the filled forms to KCC via DHL

10th of June 2005 - I noticed that I have filled my Name on DSP 122 form incorrectly , so I contacted KCC by email [email protected]

After about 3 day’s time I received a reply from them

INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. Your documents were received and are currently processing. If you need to forward corrections, please do so on your photocopies and resend to KCC. Please contact KCC should you need further assistance.

15th of June 2005 - After this I have corrected my issue with DSP 122 and sent via DHL ( I also Included a letter saying why I amended the stuff )

10th of August 2005 - I sent an email to KCC ([email protected]) asking What is If I want to get Marry before my Interview what process I have to complete etc.. and Got the below reply from them

INFO: Thank you for your inquiry. Any family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified, (unless you have been married or had a child after submission of your initial application). A photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate should be provided with completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at /us-visa-and-immigration-forms/state.html Your spouse and/or eligible children (unmarried and under the age 21) must have the above stated information completed and returned to KCC to make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax.

15th of February 2006 - I phoned KCC Phone: (606) 526 7500 ( when you are calling you have to give them Your name , Date Of Birth and Case No for them to verify your identity ) and asked about my Case Status - They said My case has been processed and wait till my number become current.

17th of February 2006 – I phoned KCC and inquired about the Case Status They said my Case has been proceeded and my second Letter has been mailed to me on 14th of February and I should receive it in two to four weeks of time and more she said My Interview scheduled for 21st of April 2006 .

26th of February 2006 - Received the 2nd package, with instructions (Multilingual with Sinhala and Tamil Translations) and the Appointment Letter But there was no Medical Forms inside the package

3rd of March 2006 – I went to US embassy in Sri Lanka (my first visit)
    Address:
    44 Galle Road, Colombo 03 - 1st I inquired about the Medical Forms from the Security they said to me that they don’t have it and I have to get them from the Officials and gave me a pass to go inside of the embassy and I went to the Visa Section of the Embassy there where few locals sitting there , I didn’t ask anything from them I just directly when to a one counter and one American lady where there and I told her that I came to get the Medical forms then she went inside and I sat on the visitors area in few seconds she came back and asked me that I want forms for DV, I said Yes and she went inside again and in few seconds she asked me that forms need only for me or is there any other members with you ? I said I need it only for me. And she went back again and came with two forms , She told me that I need two forms and also gave me the Medical Centers details (she is very friendly and very helpful)

3rd of March 2006 - Went to the Asiri Hospital
    Address:
    ASIRI HOSPITALS LIMITED
    181 Kirula Rd, Colombo-05
    2500608-12

Did my Medicals and waiting for the report

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X