Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Alien's Marriage to derivative asylee

Hi,

My fiancee is a derivative asylee and has been in the US for over One year.
    We want to get married and she files her I 485 after including me.

The lawyers we have seen are talking about her filing a petition after she gets her green card.

One lawyer said it wasnt possible to file before the Green card because we weren't married before she was granted derivative asylum.But the rules for derivative asylee state that she should have be unmarried among other things.

Reading on your adjustment of status for dependents under Green cards. it mentions that it's possible if she files before she is married or before the issue of the Green card.

The other alternative is her filing after getting the Green card.The bad thing with this alternative is there's a long wait.

We have blown money on lawyers who say they can help only to turn round and settle for the only filing the green card which is straight forward and easy.

I dont know what happened to doing a little research if the knowledge makes one wiser or just plain honesty if the job cant be done before getting payment.

I seem to be chasing shadows. Someone out there help me.

We are expecting our first kid and i dont want to be a part time or remote control father

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X