adjust status while in USA for DV???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjust status while in USA for DV???

i guys, i was wondering if any of you guys could give me a good advice. I just received this letter pack telling me that I wont he lottery DV, but the thing is that I am out of status here in USA with B2 and working 2, the letter says that I can adjust status here in USA but it doesn’t says how or if I am eligible to adjust status since I am B2 and working, I really would love to get my DV papers straight but I don’t know what to do, I read here some info about “adjusting status” but I am not sure if I can do that and how, any one out there that could give make some comments/help/advices. Another question how much time do I have to send back the paper, how long can I wait before I send them back. thank you so much guys….

do not post in more than 1 forum.

you overstayed/working illegally hence you can not adjust status, if you leave (as you should, for cheating the system and making visitor visas harder to get for everyone else! ) then you will be banned from re-entry for 3-10 years depending on how long you have overstayed...

see it as "karma" if you had respected the terms of your visitor visa, you would have gotten a GC for you and your family... but you violated those terms and now you are stuck. Can't AOS and if you leave you can not return.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X