Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marital status confusion need help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marital status confusion need help please!!

I salute you all and congrats for winning the coveted dvlottery, I'm one of them and in a dilema. My case # is 42xxx, on F1 valid visa and only want to do AOS.
    when I filled the initial electronic entries I was married according to our customs and tradions, two months later somebody eloped with my wife and we are no longer together. (Feb. 2009).
    According to the KCC notification letter "please notify the Kentucky Consular Center of any change in address, addition or deletion of any family members and any other information which you believe may affect your application"
    How will I communicate this to KCC? Now how can I define my marital status?
    Please give your comments/opinions/ideas/experiences.
    Thanks for taking time to read this.
    Yours,
    Utterly confused.

marital status = "wife was stolen"?

were you legally married or not?
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

If the marriage is accepted as per the laws of your home country, you need to get a divorce from the eloped wife. She is still your wife, even if she is with someone.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
        marital status = "wife was stolen"?

were you legally married or not?
        Legally speaking we not. However i paid dowry and there is no paper work to prove that. What should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          If the marriage is accepted as per the laws of your home country, you need to get a divorce from the eloped wife. She is still your wife, even if she is with someone.
          That means I convince her we take a flight back to Africa and involve both our parents in then get a divorce by word of mouth. It is not feasible right now.

Comment

If both of you are in the US, you can get a divorce here in the US. There is no need to go to Africa.

But again, divorce is needed only for you to get married again legally and not violate US laws. Depending on the state laws, if your wife has been absconding for X days, you can still get a divorce. Talk to a family law attorney.

Divorce is not needed to claim the DV benefits just for you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X