Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DV2010 winner,I've messed up!plz give me advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV2010 winner,I've messed up!plz give me advice.

nothing
    Last edited by alir8za; 05-22-2010, 08:09 AM. Reason: i would like to delete my entery. thank you.

Originally posted by alir8za View Post
    Hello everyone.

I have been lucky enough to win in the 2010 DV lottery.
    I'm a medical student in Iran and I will graduate in about 3 months from today (September 2009) as a Medical Doctor.
    The problem is that I think I have made a mistake at the time I was filling in the personal information form for the 2010 lottary in November 2008.
    I answered
    Q: "What is the highest level of education you have achived,as of today?"
    A: Doctorate Degree.

It seems as somehow I had'nt realized the "as of today" part of the Q and answered Doctrate while technically I had'nt recieved my degree at that time yet. I made a mistake.

On th other hand,I havent lied about my degree because I WILL have my Doctrate Degree before the Interview date at the embassy(the interview would be around August 2010) .

Now,here are the questions I have: (any response will be appericiated)

1.do you think this may cause me a problem for getting a US Green Card? if yes what should I do?do you have any suggestions?
    2.if they ask for my doctrate degre certificate documents before I have them,what should I answer?
    3.at the interview,do you think they will check the Doctorate certificate date and the DV2010 submittion date & realize that its dates don't apply?
    4.what can I do to prove I didnt mean to lie about my degree at that time and it was just a mistake!??

I hope that the embassy doesnt think that I have lied to them about my degree and cause me any problem...

thank you for your time and help.
    Most important thing is to be honest. You don't appear to have a need to lie about your credentials and as such be upfront. Lying or covering it up will only decrease your chances of success IMO.

1. Perhaps, but I would not worry about this. They just want to ensure you are eligible, which after received a doctorate is more then enough, with regards to your education requirement. I would contact KCC or your local embassy and ask them how to proceed.
    2. See answer no1. Don't lie. Mention your mistake and explain you will have this degree in the near future.
    3. Perhaps, some interviews seem to be more thorough then others.
    4. Be honest if they ask and mention you found out your mistake after submitting the document. As long as you have the required high school diploma it should not jeopardize your educational requirement.

I would contact the consulate or KCC and ask for a recommendation.

Good luck!

Comment

No big deal

Originally posted by alir8za View Post
      Hello everyone.

I have been lucky enough to win in the 2010 DV lottery.
      I'm a medical student in Iran and I will graduate in about 3 months from today (September 2009) as a Medical Doctor.
      The problem is that I think I have made a mistake at the time I was filling in the personal information form for the 2010 lottary in November 2008.
      I answered
      Q: "What is the highest level of education you have achived,as of today?"
      A: Doctorate Degree.

It seems as somehow I had'nt realized the "as of today" part of the Q and answered Doctrate while technically I had'nt recieved my degree at that time yet. I made a mistake.

On th other hand,I havent lied about my degree because I WILL have my Doctrate Degree before the Interview date at the embassy(the interview would be around August 2010) .

Now,here are the questions I have: (any response will be appericiated)

1.do you think this may cause me a problem for getting a US Green Card? if yes what should I do?do you have any suggestions?
      2.if they ask for my doctrate degre certificate documents before I have them,what should I answer?
      3.at the interview,do you think they will check the Doctorate certificate date and the DV2010 submittion date & realize that its dates don't apply?
      4.what can I do to prove I didnt mean to lie about my degree at that time and it was just a mistake!??

I hope that the embassy doesnt think that I have lied to them about my degree and cause me any problem...

thank you for your time and help.
      First of all congratulations on your DV 2010.
      There is no connection between medical doctor and DV. DV is lottery. However the consular can judge how you came up with it. Here is my suggestion.. Do not appear at the Embassy before you recieve your certificate. incase your interview is soon, postphone it. JUST to be smart and not to lie.
      Hope that helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X