Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of status but just won dv 2010 lottery -- need advice pls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of status but just won dv 2010 lottery -- need advice pls!

Hello,

I'm been in the country for almost 10 yrs...came here when i was 17 w/ parents on a visitor's visa and overstayed, which left me in an out-of-status state. I finished high school here, completed college 4 years ago...the rest of the story is history. Now, i just received my congratulations letter for being selected for the green card lottery but i know my out-of-status situation puts me in a bind. I went to see a lawyer today but i didn't get the sense that he was interested in investing any time into my case, which i understand considering the circumstances. I post here to find out if there's any way i could get a very good lawyer to help me..unless it's certainly not a situation that could be saved. If it helps, i have a family member (my brother) who is a permanent resident...could he possibly file for me and then attach this to it? i don't know if things work that way but i'm just thinking out loud now. I will greatly appreciate it if any experts can send some sound advice my way.

*BTW I've never recieved a deportation letter

Thanks in advance.

If you know you are ILLEGAL and have overstayed then it is up to you to do the right thing and present yourself to an immigration office for processing......This would have looked much better in any future immigration visa applications.

Comment

Dv2010

Dear Friend

The answer to your question will need more detail on how and when you enter the US, what type of visa, were you inspected, are you eligible for any amnesty, do you qualify under certain Bill previously sign into law that may grandfather you. Base on those informations, a determination of your eligibility as far as the possibility to file in the US, VERSUS filing abroad, which may activate the 5 or 10 years bar, will be establish. You may need to speak to a qualify Immigration Attorney to resolve your issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X