Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversity lottery - Urgent question regarding nativity

Hi

I was born in India, but want to claim eligibility for diversity visa through nativity of my mother who was born in Bahrain.

Though my mother was born in Bahrain, she was not a citizen of Bahrain, She was still a citizen of India. Nevertheless she was a resident of Dubai (i.e. she had a resident card of Dubai as my father was working in Dubai and had a resident card). Nearing the time of delivery, my mother came back to india, and I was born. 1 year after giving birth to me, she went back to Dubai.

Now the question is - am I eligible to apply for DV lottery considering the above situation? Could someone please help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Vin

Hey there. Looking at your particular situation, in short the answer would be NO.

As your mother was an Indian Citizen you are not eligible. Unless you have a spouse that was born in an eligible country then you are not eligible either.

"In most cases, this means the country in which you were born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify. First, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth—provided that both you and your spouse are on the selected entry, are issued visas, and enter the United States simultaneously. Second, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth, you may claim nativity in one of your parents’ countries of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the DV-2011 program."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X