Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylee detention in country of persecution is an arrest?when applying for green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylee detention in country of persecution is an arrest?when applying for green card?

Hie everyone. I am seeking help. I am an approved asylee applying for a green card but am stressing over whether i should say YES i was arrested or detained in my home country. My assumption is the arrest on the -485 are criminal based, but I cannot be sure. I was indeed arrested and detained on several occasions for political reasons and detailed my experiences in the initial 589 application and interview. Now i am at a loss as to whether should say yes or no to the 485 Part 8 , item 25. Please help. Do the arrests stated on this question pertain to criminal or any type of arrest. I certainly do not want to deviate from my statements in my 589 but I also do not want to misinterpret or misrepresent facts. Please help me.
    The second is Part 8 item 65 where they ask if you ever lied to the US government. Truth be told, the lie was me saying I would only stay the duration of my visa when I knew that i was seeking asylum. During the interview, this question was sort of asked and i responded that i lied because i knew i was here for help and not for visiting. Do i just repeat that same answer that yes i lied to the US gvt? Any insight is much appreciated. Apologies for the long thread.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X