Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice required on EB-5; (l1 visa just deined) (India origin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required on EB-5; (l1 visa just deined) (India origin)

Dear Friends,

Current visa:
    Currently I have B2 visa, and frequently traveling to the US for business

Background:
    l1 application denied in Feb 2011 (took about 7-8 months to review for deinal).

Current situation:
    considering EB-5 to shift family(me, wife and 2 kids (avg age 5yrs)) into US.

Following concerns:

Projects considering for EB-5:
    Considering jay peak and american life as serious options to invest (confused which one is better)

Visa Queries:
    - Does it matter if L1 is denied while applying for EB-5
    - which lawyer to hire to get all the paper work done and make it simple for me (L1 was a very messy thing, because my attorney was not good)
    - How much is current average processing time for EB-5 (I-526)
    - How much time it takes while applying for permenant GC after 2 years and how much does it cost?
    - If my mother gifts me all the money (for investment), does it work as investment (mom has earned it from business)
    - What are the detailed list of documents required (if anyone knows)
    - What happens if permenant GC is denied (go back to india?)

Inventment Queries:
    - If I decide to exit after getting permenant GC, is it safe to think I will atleast get all $500k back (or should I just forget about all the money)
    - How much time it takes to exit and how much does it cost?
    - Has anyone ever exited out of any of these two schemes after getting permenant GC?
    - Do I need to hire my own attorney for applying for visa, or just rely on jaypeak lawyers (they say we can rely on them)

Thanks in advance for all the response. I think I was clear in what I want to ask. Although it is a huge step for my family, I want to make sure I can give them as much peace of mind as possible.

Best Regards,
    Sawan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X