Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV Green Card Lotery selection process

Greetings,

I'd like to ask if anyone knows something about the selection procedure in the green card lottery. Are all applicants selected randomly from a worldwide pool or is there a certain number of applications selected for each continent or country because of the variation in population sizes?

Originally posted by nayefj View Post
    Greetings,

I'd like to ask if anyone knows something about the selection procedure in the green card lottery. Are all applicants selected randomly from a worldwide pool or is there a certain number of applications selected for each continent or country because of the variation in population sizes?

Yes, people are selected randomly, but there is a number to each country based on it population and according on how many immigrants each country has here in USA. This process is fair, I believe! Because some countries are ten time populated than others!
    During DV lottery,there are 100.000 persons that are selected randomly worldwide, and only a half ( 50.000) is selected ( through another process) for the final Green Card! Hope that help you!

Comment

Originally posted by freecontributor View Post
      Yes, people are selected randomly, but there is a number to each country based on it population and according on how many immigrants each country has here in USA. This process is fair, I believe! Because some countries are ten time populated than others!
      During DV lottery,there are 100.000 persons that are selected randomly worldwide, and only a half ( 50.000) is selected ( through another process) for the final Green Card! Hope that help you!
      Please, don't mislead people if you are not sure.
      ... and only a half ( 50.000) is selected ( through another process) for the final Green Card!
      It is so untrue. There are 50,000 CG available each year indeed.
      But there is no any "another process" to select those 50,000 from original 100,000. From 100,000 some just don't go for it. Some get rejected.
      Every persons get his/her number and CG cases processed according to this case number. So, roughly if you have case number 99,001 your chance to get CG low, but still it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by billvor View Post
        Please, don't mislead people if you are not sure.

It is so untrue. There are 50,000 CG available each year indeed.
        But there is no any "another process" to select those 50,000 from original 100,000. From 100,000 some just don't go for it. Some get rejected.
        Every persons get his/her number and CG cases processed according to this case number. So, roughly if you have case number 99,001 your chance to get CG low, but still it is possible.
        I am sure about what I am talking! Sorry if the way I said it confused you, Billvor!
        They are 100,000 applicants selected (winners) but only 50,000 are selected each year through DV lottery! Google to confirm for yourself! That is why being selected does not guaranty ones is given the Green Card! Good luck!

Comment

Lets start from the end:
          Originally posted by freecontributor View Post
          That is why being selected does not guaranty ones is given the Green Card!
          That is true and I explained why in my previous post
          From 100,000 some just don't go for it. Some get rejected.
          and that's why there are 100,000 selected. Because government needs to grand 50,000 CG and if they select only 50,000 winners they may end up with 20,000-30,000 CG. But again, there is no other selection process inside those 100,000 selected. People may get their CG just based on their case number. If all 50,000 CG granted before your case is current - you lose your chance.

Comment

GC lottery select 100'000 winners simply because many will not:

-dont satisfy the 2 years work
            -no school degree
            -lied on name, country, age,...
            -not go to the USA after they got all paperwork done
            -get married, don't want go to the USA
            -etc

pretty much over 50% who has won, will not go to the usa, this is why the USA select more visa winners than visa available.

so far, noone has been rejected based on visa "unavailibility", if it was the case they would have select 80'000 instead of 100'000.

my case by example has been rejected for personal reasons!

I hope this satisfies your question.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X