Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Asyulm Questions

Hi,

I'd like to ask you with experience regarding political asylum in the US. I am in the US legally but I am neither a citizen or a green card holder. However, I am facing persecution in terms of job offers in my native country as well as a huge possibility of facing jailtime because I cannot speak and write freely, part of my job requirement, all because of my religious sect affiliation and political opinion. Recently, new statutes have been made into law back home to protect powerful religious personalities from any sort of criticism in the media. This law imposes a ridiculously large fine imposed on whomever criticizes religious figures (ones from the main unpersecuted sect) as well as jail time and being banned for 10 years from publishing in newspapers there. The newspaper itself can be shutdown by the government as well. As a result, many people of my sect and from my city that write articles, tweet, and blog, have been arrested and jailed and fired from their jobs as a result of these laws. Mainly being because of their sect affiliation. I will not be able to work, tweet, or blog without facing jailtime and having my livelihood taken away from me.

How do I go about applying for asylum on ground of these circumstances and how must I explain myself to an immigration officer that might interview me? What should I say and not say to him/her in order to increase my chances of being granted asylum? And would an immigration lawyer be able to help me with this as well?

Originally posted by nayefj View Post
    Hi,

I'd like to ask you with experience regarding political asylum in the US. I am in the US legally but I am neither a citizen or a green card holder. However, I am facing persecution in terms of job offers in my native country as well as a huge possibility of facing jailtime because I cannot speak and write freely, part of my job requirement, all because of my religious sect affiliation and political opinion. Recently, new statutes have been made into law back home to protect powerful religious personalities from any sort of criticism in the media. This law imposes a ridiculously large fine imposed on whomever criticizes religious figures (ones from the main unpersecuted sect) as well as jail time and being banned for 10 years from publishing in newspapers there. The newspaper itself can be shutdown by the government as well. As a result, many people of my sect and from my city that write articles, tweet, and blog, have been arrested and jailed and fired from their jobs as a result of these laws. Mainly being because of their sect affiliation. I will not be able to work, tweet, or blog without facing jailtime and having my livelihood taken away from me.

How do I go about applying for asylum on ground of these circumstances and how must I explain myself to an immigration officer that might interview me? What should I say and not say to him/her in order to increase my chances of being granted asylum? And would an immigration lawyer be able to help me with this as well?
    Get an expert lawyer ( Asylum) to help you with these questions! This is beyond the forum members, I believe! Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X