Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DV-2012 - Adjustment of Status - how to do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV-2012 - Adjustment of Status - how to do it?

Hi,

My spouse was chosen for further processing for the DV 2012 lottery. We both reside in the U.S. (on J-1 and J-2 visas). We must do AOS because of my postdoc.

Does that mean that I don't have to send anything to the KCC but rather apply to the local USCIS for AOS? The instructions on the State Dept. web page seem to suggest that, but what about the fee for the DV Center ($340)?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Sorry I do not have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to know how you got to know that you were selected? Was it through the website or did you receive any letter?
    We also applied for 2012, so wanted to know whats the best way to check the result.

Thanks.

Comment

Checking your status (DV 2012)

This year nobody gets a letter. The ONLY way to find out if you were selected is to go to the State Dept. web page, and enter the confirmation number you got when you applied.

Good luck

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Balaban14 View Post
          Hi,

My spouse was chosen for further processing for the DV 2012 lottery. We both reside in the U.S. (on J-1 and J-2 visas). We must do AOS because of my postdoc.

Does that mean that I don't have to send anything to the KCC but rather apply to the local USCIS for AOS? The instructions on the State Dept. web page seem to suggest that, but what about the fee for the DV Center ($340)?

Thanks in advance
          You have to inform KCC that you are going to do AOS. There is special form for this (sorry, don't remember number, you may call them and ask). After that they will ask you to pay fee to KCC and they are done with you. As soon as your number becomes current you should apply for AOS (see I-485 instructions where to send your docs)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X