Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P2 Visa Approved - Still in 'administrative processing'. Departing in 16 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2 Visa Approved - Still in 'administrative processing'. Departing in 16 days.

Hi there. I had an interview at the U.S. consulate for a P2 Visa five weeks ago. When the interview concluded I was told by the officer that my application had been approved. They took my passport and told me that it will be sent to the post office. It's currently been 38 days since my interview and I have no update on my passport. I've been checking the links provided daily and it still says 'administrative processing'. My scheduled departure date is coming up in 16 days and I'm concerned that my passport won't arrive in time. I called the consulate about a week ago and he provided me with an e-mail address. However, he advised me not to contact them unless it was absolutely necessary because they may stop working on my case. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Has anybody ever encountered a similar issue? The embassy are aware of my departure date as it was needed for my application so I'm hoping they will get it to me in time.

If anybody has encountered a similar issue please do let me know. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, administrative processing is like the black hole of immigration - cases go there but it can take years to get out. Hopefully this is not your case. I would have your US employer contact their congressman soon. Good luck
    This is not to be construed as legal advice or the establishing of an attorney client relationship.

Comment

f denied a visa after administrative processing, can the decision be appealed? ... immigration violations or other irregularities and 2) that the applicant's case will be ... and if no problems are identified, the application is likely to be approved.

Comment

According to the U.S. Department of State, most administrative processing cases conclude 60 days or less after the visa interview. However, the average wait time for administrative processing can vary depending on where the consulate is located.

My Life Touch
        Last edited by SwansonS; 07-27-2022, 11:44 PM.

Comment

their congressman soon. Good luck

Magbia
          Last edited by returika; 10-28-2022, 09:52 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X