Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-1 Extension Stamping? Also middle of processing EB1A I485

Hi everyone,

If anyone knows about this-please advise me. I will be eternally grateful.
    I am currently waiting for my green card interview. I received an EAD card and travel permit, however the interview is not scheduled yet.
    Also, my previous visa O-1 expired in mid-August, so I applied for the O-1 extension of 3 years in July. It's pending-so I am maintaining legal status.

However, my concern is 1. if I get an O-1 extension approved, do I need to leave the country to receive a stamping at the embassy?
    2. if so, when I re-enter, do I have to use an O-1 extension visa? would that give me a problem with my green card application? I read somewhere if I use another status of visa while processing green card, it will be revoked right away. I don't know this is the correct information I have.
    3. If I can't leave the country because of the situation, by staying in the U.S like now, would that automatically maintain legal status as well as not interfere with the green card process?

Please advise me if anyone knows. I contacted my lawyer but her advice was not so clear(trying to change the lawyer soon)

Thank you so much.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X