Getting Close to Contract, need HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Close to Contract, need HELP!

Hi guys, Canadian here! My employer is doing terrible at responding to my questions and the contract is getting close, so I will ask you guys!

So a couple months ago I received a contract offer as a performer for this summer in the US. My employer filed a petition while I was in the US inland, instead of Outland. I informed them I would be going back to Canada before the contract started, they told me this was fine. They still would apply inland. So I came back to the US in May to get vaccinated and everything with my spouse. we got notice that the visa started being processed about a week before I came back. We were requested to provide one more document, which I did during my travels to the US. Now my employer informed me to tell them I was travelling to the US to visit, which is true. Because had I not been approved for my visa, I would just be visiting my spouse for 2 months (we are both performers, and he’s doing the same contract) and would not be working. I entered the US while my visa was processing and had no issues at the border, nor did they ask if I had any visas in process or anything.

so my contract is supposed to start at the end of June and a couple days ago, my employer informed me that my case has been approved. I asked them yesterday what the next step is, and they said “I don’t know, we’re figuring it out”. I am very hands on and I don’t like this response. It’s getting close and I need to know if I need to do an interview or go somewhere to pick it up. I’ve asked them but they’ve gone MIA, probably because they are very busy getting everything ready. But I can’t find much info online for the process of a P1 visa for a Canadian inland. Do I have to request an adjustment of my status? Do I have to go do an interview? Am I going to run into trouble because I left and came back with a visitor visa? I have so many questions that my employers aren’t answering right now when I am supposed to be flying to them in less than a week.

Does anyone have any insight into this process? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm actually thinking that you need to go for another set of interviews. After the US sponsors or employers hand in the petition to USCIS, it will take 2 to 8 weeks for it to process. Just follow the whole process for it not to cause you any problems.
    tax attorney columbus ohio
    va benefits lawyer near me truck accident lawyer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X