Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O1 Visa Stamping in India or Canada

Hi everyone,
    Hope this finds you well. I have a query about the stamping for my O1 visa, which I got in July 2020. Last year I filled my DS-160, paid the application fees, and tried to get an appointment in India. However, I haven't been able to get any appointments. I try every month but no luck. Based on the information I put in, I'm eligible for a dropbox appointment but I don't see anything available currently. Following are my questions.

- Can I take the appointment in Canada?
    - Does anybody know what the wait times are in Canada to get an appointment?
    - Will I have to refill the DS-160 form to see the dates in Canada?
    - Do I need to refill the application fees?

Please advise me how should I go about it. I really have to travel to India in September but I really can't until I get a date at the consulate.

Warmly,
    Amay

See FAM 402.13-9(A) Effect of An Approved Petition on Visa Adjudication. You can apply for your visa stamp in a Third Country such as Canada, or you can apply in your home country the next time you go home.

Comment

Hello
      answer to you question is - Does anybody know what the wait times are in Canada to get an appointment? :-
      Wait times for appointments in Canada can vary depending on the type of appointment you need and your location. Generally, wait times for non-urgent medical appointments can range from a few weeks to several months, depending on the specialty and the availability of healthcare providers in your area.

To get a better idea of wait times for specific appointments in your area, you can try contacting your local healthcare provider, clinic, or hospital. You can also check online resources provided by the provincial or territorial health authority, which may have information on wait times and how to access healthcare services in your area. Additionally, you may be able to use telemedicine services to consult with healthcare providers remotely, which could reduce wait times for some types of appointments.​ www.checkmyrota.com
      Last edited by catherine34; 02-28-2023, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amaykataria View Post
        Hi everyone,
        Hope this finds you well. I have a query about the stamping for my O1 visa, which I got in July 2020. Last year I filled my DS-160, paid the application fees, and tried to get an appointment in India. However, I haven't been able to get any appointments. I try every month but no luck. Based on the information I put in, I'm eligible for a dropbox appointment but I don't see anything available currently. Following are my questions.

- Can I take the appointment in Canada?
        - Does anybody know what the wait times are in Canada to get an appointment?
        - Will I have to refill the DS-160 form to see the dates in Canada?
        - Do I need to refill the application fees?

Please advise me how should I go about it. I really have to travel to India in September but I really can't until I get a date at the consulate.

Warmly,
        Amay
        O1 visa application. However, in general, O1 visa holders can apply for visa stamping at any U.S. embassy or consulate abroad, including in India or Canada.
        It's important to note that visa stamping is not the same as visa application Visa stamping is the process of obtaining a physical visa in your passport, whereas visa application is the process of submitting your application and supporting documents to the U.S. embassy or consulate.
        If you are currently in India or Canada and would like to apply for visa stamping, you should schedule an appointment at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate and follow their instructions for the visa stamping process. It's a good idea to review the embassy or consulate's website for information on required documents, fees, and processing times before your appointment.
        Keep in mind that visa stamping is not always a straightforward process, and there is always a possibility that your visa application may be denied. It's important to make sure that your application and supporting documents are complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to be prepared for any potential questions or concerns that may arise during your visa interview.

Last edited by juliet777; 04-01-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Read FAM 402.13-9(A) Impact of an Authorized Petition on Visa Processing for more information. You may apply for your visa stamp in a Third Country, such as Canada, or when you return home.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X