No announcement yet.

B1 visa application in admin processing (221g pink slip). Passport expires soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa application in admin processing (221g pink slip). Passport expires soon

Hi,

I applied for B1 visa on 10th September from Chennai, India. I was handed over a pink slip that has 221g. Had been 5 weeks so far and no progress. My passport will expire on 21st April, 2013. I have the following questions in this regard.

1. If I get the visa in next few weeks, will it be stamped for 10 years or till my passport expiration date?
    2. Can I get my passport reissued and send it to the consulate for visa stamping? Will the visa be stamped on new passport?

Please suggest.

thanks,
    Imran

Originally posted by imran.sk View Post
    Hi,

I applied for B1 visa on 10th September from Chennai, India. I was handed over a pink slip that has 221g. Had been 5 weeks so far and no progress. My passport will expire on 21st April, 2013. I have the following questions in this regard.

1. If I get the visa in next few weeks, will it be stamped for 10 years or till my passport expiration date?
    2. Can I get my passport reissued and send it to the consulate for visa stamping? Will the visa be stamped on new passport?

Please suggest.

thanks,
    Imran
    Hi,

Here is the update.

1. Admin processing was complete in about 2 months time. I got an email intimation about it and asked to submit my passport.
    2. Submitted my passport at VFS, Bangalore. Got visa in 10 days time, delivered to VFS. It has 10 years validity.

So, there is hope and lot of waiting time. Have patience!!
    Good luck to all of you in 221g case.

thanks,
    Imran

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X