Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for conference

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum.I finished my post graduation in june2012 and had attended a conference in hong kong in July. Now I am working as an assistant professor in a college in Andhra since August (only 3months). I am planning to attend a conference in March 2013 in Los Angeles and my college is sponsoring my travel and stay. Scheduled an appointment on Nov 19 & 20th at Hyderabad embassy. What are the chances of me getting a visa? (i am 24yr old unmarried). some people are saying my age and marital status would be a drawback and can be considered as a potential immigrant by the officer?

Originally posted by sameera161088 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum.I finished my post graduation in june2012 and had attended a conference in hong kong in July. Now I am working as an assistant professor in a college in Andhra since August (only 3months). I am planning to attend a conference in March 2013 in Los Angeles and my college is sponsoring my travel and stay. Scheduled an appointment on Nov 19 & 20th at Hyderabad embassy. What are the chances of me getting a visa? (i am 24yr old unmarried). some people are saying my age and marital status would be a drawback and can be considered as a potential immigrant by the officer?
    Yes it can potentially be, further you are only 3 Months into the current job. Some other factor to consider would be the current salary, does your college have history of sending people to US often? Do you have invitation for the conference, how big is the conference, having a confirmed return ticket and a requested duration of travel for a week or so can help the chances.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes it can potentially be, further you are only 3 Months into the current job. Some other factor to consider would be the current salary, does your college have history of sending people to US often? Do you have invitation for the conference, how big is the conference, having a confirmed return ticket and a requested duration of travel for a week or so can help the chances.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you so much for the reply..my current salary is 21,640. About the history of sending people i dont think it is done too often.I already have the invitation letter from the conference and it is a prestigious conference held by the American Pharmacists Association. I have already registered for the conference also. My college is read to give the letter of sponsorship. Even though there are many seniors who have done Ph.D or Master in Pharmacy (M.Pharmacy), I am the only person holding a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and I am well versed with the topics and themes in the conference. I planned to say that the college will book the travel and accomodation once the visa is issued. so is that not going to work?

Comment

If the conference is going to be organized on international level with proper offical support then ther will be no chance to be drop out from this conference.If you think that it will be just on a routine matter then i must say that you can be rejected because of some issues.
        Steve.Rojer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X