Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent!!! Please provide info on B1 in lieue of H1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!!! Please provide info on B1 in lieue of H1.

Hi,
    My L1B visa got denied by USCIS.Hence my company is considering to apply for B1 in lieue of H1 visa till my H1B visa is processed. I need your inputs on the visa.
    1. Can i apply B1 in lieue of H1, round the year and what are chances/reasons of rejections.
    2. What's the duration permitted under the visa(i heard its 6 months) and can i extend from US or i need to comeback to my home location.
    3. As my company is filling for H1B visa, will this be impacted because of B1 in lieue of H1.
    4. Do all Indian consulates approve or i need to get file it through any specific consulate in India.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Please assist.

Thanks,
    Guru.

Originally posted by gurukulu View Post
    Hi,
    My L1B visa got denied by USCIS.Hence my company is considering to apply for B1 in lieue of H1 visa till my H1B visa is processed. I need your inputs on the visa.
    1. Can i apply B1 in lieue of H1, round the year and what are chances/reasons of rejections.
    2. What's the duration permitted under the visa(i heard its 6 months) and can i extend from US or i need to comeback to my home location.
    3. As my company is filling for H1B visa, will this be impacted because of B1 in lieue of H1.
    4. Do all Indian consulates approve or i need to get file it through any specific consulate in India.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Please assist.

Thanks,
    Guru.
    B1 in lieu of H1B is approved very sparingly by the US consulates, particulalrly after the recent case investigation of major software company allegedly misusing this category as well criticism of this category in US government circles. Also, from what I know, B1 in lieu of H1B holder cannot be paid salaries in US and should be in US for only very brief period, not 6 Months and beyond as you need. In my opinion you would have higher chances if you process H1B rather than trying to get B1 in lieu of H1B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X