Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Name Change in Passport cancel my existing B1 visa

Hi Guys,
    I have a B1 visa valid will 2018 and I have to now apply for L1 visa from my company. The issue is that "surname" field in my passport is blank. The Given name field has my name as Apoorva Neelabh. Now the issues is that my company will not accept my L1 visa application if the "surname" field is blank.
    I have been advised to get my "surname" added using the Name Change process.

My question is if I follow the Name Change process and get my name changed as "Surname = Neelabh" and "Given Name = Apoorva", will by existing B1 visa be canceled? or what other consequences can it lead to?

Please advice team as I need this urgently.

Originally posted by ApoorvaN View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have a B1 visa valid will 2018 and I have to now apply for L1 visa from my company. The issue is that "surname" field in my passport is blank. The Given name field has my name as Apoorva Neelabh. Now the issues is that my company will not accept my L1 visa application if the "surname" field is blank.
    I have been advised to get my "surname" added using the Name Change process.

My question is if I follow the Name Change process and get my name changed as "Surname = Neelabh" and "Given Name = Apoorva", will by existing B1 visa be canceled? or what other consequences can it lead to?

Please advice team as I need this urgently.
    Changing names will not cancel existing visa. Many women change last name after marriage, but that doesnt cancel their exisiting valid visa. You will have to get a new passport and carry both the passports with you whenever you travel.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X