Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied B1 visa to attend a program in NYU!! Need some suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied B1 visa to attend a program in NYU!! Need some suggestions.

Hi Admin,

I am working for a IT company, My company is sending me to attend a program new york university.

Duration is 10weeks.

Will it be a problem as i am attending B1 interview for a program in a university??

My company is sponsoring my trip. Even though my company is sponsoring my trip should i carry my personal bank statements??

What type of questions can i expect in the visa interview??
    Last edited by Singasani Goutham; 12-26-2012, 02:03 PM.

Beware;
    A 10 week stay on a B1 will raise suspicion that you will be working instead of just visiting.
    Several people get denied just for the fact their business trip is too long.

Comment

So what should be my answer so that i can overcome it? i have schedule of the program at NYU.

I have class on Saturday only, remaining time i will be working for my company through online. That's why my trip is for 10 weeks instead of 10 days. We cant change the schedule at the university right??

Comment

Originally posted by Singasani Goutham View Post
        So what should be my answer so that i can overcome it? i have schedule of the program at NYU.

I have class on Saturday only, remaining time i will be working for my company through online. That's why my trip is for 10 weeks instead of 10 days. We cant change the schedule at the university right??
        Applying for a B1 with an agenda for 10 weeks is almost a sure denial. If you aren't going to be attending to your company's business and are just visiting NYU for a course, shouldn't you be looking at other available visa categories ?
        This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Other categories (F1) don't allow certificate courses.
          You can apply for B1, just keep a detailed itinerary ready. You are not allowed to work while on B1.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks kabkaba for your view on my case. Should I tell the vo that I will be working for my indian company through online?

Comment

Work or Intent of work on B1, online or otherwise, is a reason for denial. You should just stick with the program details and the itinerary of the same. I agree with the experts that 10 week duration itself will raise suspicion. Isn't there a course which does continuous 10 days instead of 10 Saturdays? VO might also want to know why the course cant be done online or what are the similar courses available in outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

That course is available in india also. Bt for getting international exposure my company is sending me to that university. And NYU is most reputed. College to study in that's why we preferred this school.
                Recently one of my colleague graduated from that university who is presently working in our organization, we came to know abt this through him.
                Should I say abt the professor when I was asked abt why you preferred this university only?

What should I say when I was asked what will u be doing the remaining time?
                Should I say that I will be going to library and studying?
                Last edited by Singasani Goutham; 12-27-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Advice;
                  There is a very high chance of denial on your NYU program .

Just ask your company to send you on a week's assignment .
                  Once you get a 10yr multiple entry visa, you can use it later for longer stays.

Comment

For more than 4 weeks, you have to face so many questions. Especially intention of training in university will give wrong impression for them.. pls prepare for better answers. all the best

You may face questions like purpose of the visit, which company you work for, designation, role, how many days, etc
                    Last edited by ponnu16; 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X