Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying B1 visa with shorter duration

Hi Friends,

I had applied for B1 visa in November 2012 to visit my parent company for a short training and also attend a conference(scheduled for end of Jan 2013) along with the team there. But it was rejected.

A short excerpt from my previous interview:

V.O: What is the reason for your visit?
    Me: Launch of a new product, attend conference and training, etc, etc....
    V.O: How long will you be staying in the U.S?
    Me: 3 months
    V.O: Sorry gentleman, I will be rejecting your visa. I'm not convinced on what you would be exactly doing in the U.S during your stay there. You should probably apply with a more appropriate visa.
    Me: What do you think is the appropriate visa in my case.
    V.O: Well, that should be petitioned by your company.
    **** The End **** **

When I got back and did the post rejection analysis with company, forums and friends the only reason I could find was the duration mentioned in the invite letter. The invite letter had mentioned 12 weeks and I had also mentioned the same in the DS-160 application form and the interview. Also, my invite letter did not have any agenda for 3 months. It just said i have been invited to attend a training for 3 months. Hence i had to explain the V.O for almost 2-3 minutes.

I discussed this with my company and they have decided to reinvite me for only 3 weeks with a proper agenda. I am going there only for a short training and conference. Hence the B1 is definitely the most appropriate visa for that purpose.

I have a few questions for which i need suggestions, before I attend my second interview:

1. What reason should I give the V.O this time if he asks me why was my visa rejected last time?
    2. What if he asks me whats new in your application this time?
    3. Why 3 months to 3 weeks?

Your help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X