Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED : Documents required at port of entry for B1

Hi,

I have a query. What all documents we need to carry at port of entry?

I have a scanned copy immigration letter from my HR to the Port of Entry _ USA. Would this work or do we need an original letter? I am yet to get the letter but I will be leaving on Thursday.

Also is invitation letter mandatory or should the immigration letter itself work? I do have invitation letter but that was on a different date.

Also are there any other important documents that needs to be carried?

This is the first time I am going for states. Please help.

just invitation letter is good

They will ask you the purpose of ur visit and duration of your stay. ..just answer confidently..don't worry. Try to get the latest invitationletterwhich will have the dates...just in case. .all the best

Comment

Originally posted by sam2372 View Post
      They will ask you the purpose of ur visit and duration of your stay. ..just answer confidently..don't worry. Try to get the latest invitationletterwhich will have the dates...just in case. .all the best
      Hi Sam,

Thank you for the reply. But the thing is I do not have an invitation letter. I only have an immigration letter that too a scanned copy, the original immigration letter is in transit from head office. Not sure if I can receive before my travel date.

Please suggest

Comment

Usually they do not look at any papers. They just verbally ask for purpose ( name of company) and duration required.
        Just be careful in saying purpose , some people say training/work which is not allowed under B1. And duration should be
        reasonable a couple of weeks.

Still, you must carry the invitation letter , that is enough.

What do you mean by immigration letter?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X