Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa got rejected twice

Hi,

My company requires me to travel to US to meet my client.
    I have applied for B1 Visa for the first time in Hyderabad on Feb 1st which got denied under section 214(b).
    and Immediately they have applied for the second time on Mar 5th. But no luck. it got denied again. Consulate officer said that I do not qualify for the B1 visa and I have asked for specific reason and consulate officer had given me a form 221(g) and said that if circumstances change you may reapply again.
    I have taken all the required documents with me and I need to travel US for technical meetings related to our project.
    Is there any eligibility criteria for B1 Visa like experience with current company,total IT experience?

My experience with current company is :7 months.
    My Total IT experience is :3yrs 2 months.

Now can I apply for the third time immediately? Could you please let me know the probability of rejection if I apply again with same reason?
    Last edited by Siva Kumar; 03-05-2013, 05:45 AM.

There are no strict eligibility criteria for B1 in terms of education, experience but it is at the discretion of the officer , he
    can take anything into consideration.
    Most likely , in your case it is the short period you have been with the company.

There could be other reason(s).

Can you post the interview ; the reason is usually hidden in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      There are no strict eligibility criteria for B1 in terms of education, experience but it is at the discretion of the officer , he
      can take anything into consideration.
      Most likely , in your case it is the short period you have been with the company.

There could be other reason(s).

Can you post the interview ; the reason is usually hidden in the interview.
      Here is the summary of the interview which has been taken for the first time in Hyderabad.

Counselor:Hi, Where are you working?
      Me: I am working for YYYY Technologies.
      Counselor:What is your current role in the company?
      Me: IDM dot net developer.
      Counselor: Where are you going in US?
      Me:Santa Clara.
      Counselor:Why are you travelling to US?
      Me:I am going to attend a training arranged by my client ZZZ.
      Counselor:What kind of training was that?
      Me:Identity Compliance training.
      Counselor:How long?
      Me:3 weeks.
      Counselor: Why can't that be done from here?
      Me:It was arranged by client,Experts from Microsoft are coming there for giving the training.
      Counselor:Whats your salary?
      Me:6.8 LPA.
      Counselor:Sorry, your Visa application has been rejected as it doesn't meet the eligibility under section 214(b).

Here is the summary of the interview which has been taken for the second time in Chennai.
      Counsellor: Why are you going to US?
      Me: I am going to visit my client for technical meetings related to our project.
      Counsellor: Where are you working?
      Me:I am working for YYYY Technologies.
      Counsellor: How long you have been working with current company?
      Me:Since Aug,2012.
      Counsellor: Do you have the invitation letter from your client?
      Me:Yep and I have shown the invitation letter.
      Counsellor: What is your job role with current company?
      Me:I am a dot net developer in Identity and Access Management Domain.
      Counsellor had seen my experience letter from previous company which was Wipro Technologies and asked whether I am working with Wipro Technlogies. I said It was my previous company and he examined the same.
      Counsellor: Why you have been nominated for this meeting?
      Me:I was the only one from my company working with this client on this project.
      Counsellor: Did you get the letter from your current company?
      Me: Yes and I have shown the same.
      Counsellor: How long you will be staying in US?
      Me: 2 weeks.
      Counsellor: what is your current salary?
      Me:same answer.
      Counsellor: We are sorry to inform you that you are not qualified for this visa.If circumstances changes, you can reapply for the visa.
      Me:Is there any specific reason why it got denied.
      Counsellor has given me 221(g) form and said that this contains the reason why it got denied.

Is there any circumstances that need to be changed for my visa approval?
      Last edited by Siva Kumar; 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM.

Comment

It is obvious, they thought someone higher up in hierarchy, with more experience in the company and a much higher salary
        would be more suited for the business visit.

Blindly reapplying is senseless. You cannot change the reasons for denial in a short time.

You have to Wait; gain more experience, get a better post with a higher salary.

Comment

It is obvious, they thought someone higher up in hierarchy, with more experience in the company and a much higher salary
          would be more suited for the business visit.

Blindly reapplying is senseless. You cannot change the reasons for denial in a short time.

You have to Wait; gain more experience, get a better post with a higher salary.
          So, experience and current salary matters for B1 Visa?

How come H1 being approved for less experienced people like who has experience less than 2yrs?

I have seen my friends getting H1B,L1 visas with less experience.

Does the experience and salary matters only with B1 Visa?

Btw, I haven't traveled any country yet. Will that comes under consideration?
          Last edited by Siva Kumar; 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Reasons;

1.H-1 and L-1 are petition based visas. If the petition is approved from US, age and experience do not matter.

2.H-1 and L-1, it is NOT required for you to prove that you will return. That is, 214(b) does not apply with H-1 and L-1.
            With B-1/B2 , the most important criteria is that you will return( 214-b) . If your experience and salary are
            sub-par, they think you will not return.

Going abroad to other countries matters somewhat but
            salary/experience/positon are more important.

Comment

Reasons;

1.H-1 and L-1 are petition based visas. If the petition is approved from US, age and experience do not matter.

2.H-1 and L-1, it is NOT required for you to prove that you will return. That is, 214(b) does not apply with H-1 and L-1.
              With B-1/B2 , the most important criteria is that you will return( 214-b) . If your experience and salary are
              sub-par, they think you will not return.

Going abroad to other countries matters somewhat but
              salary/experience/positon are more important.
              Does it mean that I can apply for H1B or L1 if possible?

Comment

oh yes.
                You have to find an employer in US / or your own company if it has an office in US, who can file a petition for you for an H-1 or L-1.
                make sure the company is a good one and not black listed for abusing immigration laws.

Your B1/B2 denial will have no effect on H-1/L-1.

Comment

A positive experience

Hi. I was literally going through every article in this website two weeks back when my first attempt of Visa was unsuccessful. I was disappointed because all I read was people mentioned no use of a second attempt. I almost made my mind that second attempt is going to be futile because literally there are no positive posts about your 2nd attempt. I read somewhere that you should always give back to society and this is my chance. Yes, I got my Visa approved today after re-applying in 2 weeks. Thats not weird its true. I want to tell everyone who is planning to re-apply that dont think that your refusal of B1 for first interview would be the most important factor the officer is going to consider in next interview. I basically did not do my first interview well frankly. I did not plan my trip and was confused when question was asked regarding why do yoy want to go to the U.S. Next time officer gave a fresh look to my case. I dont know what the previous officer would have written in history but this officer definitely reviewed his comments. The good thing this time was that I had my itirenary planned, my travel dates in mind and the purpose of vist very clearly defined in my mind. These officers are not devils but their job is to check if the purpose you mention aligns with the intent of B1 visa grant. Good luck everyone. If you are right you will succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by satt1709 View Post
                    Hi. I was literally going through every article in this website two weeks back when my first attempt of Visa was unsuccessful. I was disappointed because all I read was people mentioned no use of a second attempt. I almost made my mind that second attempt is going to be futile because literally there are no positive posts about your 2nd attempt. I read somewhere that you should always give back to society and this is my chance. Yes, I got my Visa approved today after re-applying in 2 weeks. Thats not weird its true. I want to tell everyone who is planning to re-apply that dont think that your refusal of B1 for first interview would be the most important factor the officer is going to consider in next interview. I basically did not do my first interview well frankly. I did not plan my trip and was confused when question was asked regarding why do yoy want to go to the U.S. Next time officer gave a fresh look to my case. I dont know what the previous officer would have written in history but this officer definitely reviewed his comments. The good thing this time was that I had my itirenary planned, my travel dates in mind and the purpose of vist very clearly defined in my mind. These officers are not devils but their job is to check if the purpose you mention aligns with the intent of B1 visa grant. Good luck everyone. If you are right you will succeed.
                    Hi satt1709,

Can you please let me know what was asked in your second attempt? I have been rejected today under 214(b)[mostly due to my loss of words during interview] and need to reapply next week. Did you carried plane tickets with you during second attempt or what was changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Siva Kumar View Post
                      Hi,

My company requires me to travel to US to meet my client.
                      I have applied for B1 Visa for the first time in Hyderabad on Feb 1st which got denied under section 214(b).
                      and Immediately they have applied for the second time on Mar 5th. But no luck. it got denied again. Consulate officer said that I do not qualify for the B1 visa and I have asked for specific reason and consulate officer had given me a form 221(g) and said that if circumstances change you may reapply again.
                      I have taken all the required documents with me and I need to travel US for technical meetings related to our project.
                      Is there any eligibility criteria for B1 Visa like experience with current company,total IT experience?

My experience with current company is :7 months.
                      My Total IT experience is :3yrs 2 months.

Now can I apply for the third time immediately? Could you please let me know the probability of rejection if I apply again with same reason?
                      Hi Everyone,

It doesnt matter if it is rejected. All you need to show that the circumstances have been changed.

Two primary reasons -
                      1. You will not come back
                      2. You are going to work

2nd is the most common reason for business visa and 1st is for visitor visa. Interview is the key hence I would suggest to have specific trained sessions such as intent filling US visa sessions.[www.intentfilling.com]

Comment

Originally posted by satt1709 View Post

Hi.. Can you help me what did you mentioned in your reason for refusal ? and what did they ask in your second interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X