Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found my Lost indian passport with b1/b2 visa - re-applying b1/b2 visa with DUI in NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my Lost indian passport with b1/b2 visa - re-applying b1/b2 visa with DUI in NZ

Its little embarrassing but i think its good to share the experience.

I am an indian citizen. during my last trip to NZ, i committed a mistake during my last trip to Zealand. i was driving under the influence of alcohol and was caught by cops. i pleaded guilt and paid my fine. i was allowed to continue my trip.

So i was back in my country, but unfortunetly my car got stolen with all my camera equipment and my PASSPORT with VALID B1/B2 visa. i was worried that i have to reapply passport and visa again and this time i have to mention my DUI in the form. i informed US embassy and they cancelled my visa. after 4 days i found my passport at my backyard. somebody dropped it at my residential adress. i called us embassy and they informed that visas and Passport both are canceeled and i have to re apply both. i tried convincing them, that how can you cancel my passport, my passport was still valind with indian authorities. the visa office on email suggested me to explain the same thing whn i am at the visa window.

so i was applying for new b1/b2 visa and this time i mentioned that i had a DUI in NZ. the visa officer at US embassy asked me about the incident. i clearly explained them everything. they didn't rejected my visa neither they granted. they gave me a form and asked me to submit my medical reports " just to prove that i am not alcoholic " :-D it took my 10 days to get the reports from authorized hospital in India. i submitted all my medical reports ( xray.. blood test etc) and got my new b1/b2 visa .. so i think you should always mention and be honest while applying visa.. the funny part is i have to apply for UK business visa now and have to mention everything again :-/

Hope this will help

Thanks
    K

Similar situation

Hi

Not sure if you'll read this but thanks for posting your experience. I am in a similar situation minus the DUI. I am assuming that you didn't have to get a new passport, am I correct? Can you elaborate on the questions/responses during your interview for visa? This would be very helpful. I have mine in a few days.

Thanks,
    Mchelp

Originally posted by keenyforhelp View Post
    Its little embarrassing but i think its good to share the experience.

I am an indian citizen. during my last trip to NZ, i committed a mistake during my last trip to Zealand. i was driving under the influence of alcohol and was caught by cops. i pleaded guilt and paid my fine. i was allowed to continue my trip.

So i was back in my country, but unfortunetly my car got stolen with all my camera equipment and my PASSPORT with VALID B1/B2 visa. i was worried that i have to reapply passport and visa again and this time i have to mention my DUI in the form. i informed US embassy and they cancelled my visa. after 4 days i found my passport at my backyard. somebody dropped it at my residential adress. i called us embassy and they informed that visas and Passport both are canceeled and i have to re apply both. i tried convincing them, that how can you cancel my passport, my passport was still valind with indian authorities. the visa office on email suggested me to explain the same thing whn i am at the visa window.

so i was applying for new b1/b2 visa and this time i mentioned that i had a DUI in NZ. the visa officer at US embassy asked me about the incident. i clearly explained them everything. they didn't rejected my visa neither they granted. they gave me a form and asked me to submit my medical reports " just to prove that i am not alcoholic " :-D it took my 10 days to get the reports from authorized hospital in India. i submitted all my medical reports ( xray.. blood test etc) and got my new b1/b2 visa .. so i think you should always mention and be honest while applying visa.. the funny part is i have to apply for UK business visa now and have to mention everything again :-/

Hope this will help

Thanks
    K

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X