Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Visa on AP

Hi -

My sister in-law from China applied for business visa to attend this technology conference event . The event is December 20-24-2013. After her interview the officer gave her a paper saying your application is approved but we will need few weeks to investigate. This happened in September this year. since then the status is in AP and this meeting is very important for her. What happens if the AP continues and she misses her meeting ? Would the embassy issue the visa after the event or if they issue, they will do it before?

Originally posted by mary81 View Post
    Hi -

My sister in-law from China applied for business visa to attend this technology conference event . The event is December 20-24-2013. After her interview the officer gave her a paper saying your application is approved but we will need few weeks to investigate. This happened in September this year. since then the status is in AP and this meeting is very important for her. What happens if the AP continues and she misses her meeting ? Would the embassy issue the visa after the event or if they issue, they will do it before?
    AP is not under embassy's control. It involves some clearances from washington. That does not take into consideration the timing of the purpose of visit.
    So, the process may even go beyond december ,no one can tell. If it gets cleared, they will issue her the visa even post December.

At this time, there is nothing she can do.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      AP is not under embassy's control. It involves some clearances from washington. That does not take into consideration the timing of the purpose of visit.
      So, the process may even go beyond december ,no one can tell. If it gets cleared, they will issue her the visa even post December.

At this time, there is nothing she can do.

Great thanks for the reply- I heard sometimes there is local embassy level APs that don't need to go all the way to Washington . I heard log time APs, sent to DC are for long term visa applicants/immigrant. She is going to US for 3 days max, do you think DOS will use that much resource/money to grant visa for someone for 3 days? They could have said no on the interview day, instead of spending that much recourse?

If the embassy is done with AP and issue the visa after December 24th why would they, because she will have no purpose to go to the U.S? when she appears upon officers at the POE they will ask why are you here, yes you have a valid visa but the purpose of your visit is no more exist, so this mean DOS is wasting their time as well as the applicant's?

Comment

As far as I know,if someone needs security clearance it has to be go through the process whether the stay is for 3 days or 3 years.

How many people are given 10 yr multiple entry visas when they apply for only one visit? A large percentage.
        Which means you can use the visa again and again even after your primary purpose no longer exists.

That logic applies in her case too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X