• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa question

Hi
    I am on Business visa in USA.
    I have few questions.
    1) In my I-94 form admit Until date given as 15th April 2014, where as on passport date stamped as 13th January 2014 at USA customes and Border. Which date I have to consider as my last date of Stay in USA.
    2) if I stay for 90 days will it impact if I apply for H1 or L1

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Since the stamped date in your passport and the I-94 nomenclature originated at the same location, at the same time, it appears to be human error.

Unfortunately, a review of the allowable expiration data stamped in your passport is most likely to drive any review or action initiated upon exit or reentry.

Unless you can get the passport annotation changed to match the I-94 expiration date, I think you're stuck with the 90-day expiration.

--Ray B

Originally posted by phani.dingari View Post
    Hi
    I am on Business visa in USA.
    I have few questions.
    1) In my I-94 form admit Until date given as 15th April 2014, where as on passport date stamped as 13th January 2014 at USA customes and Border. Which date I have to consider as my last date of Stay in USA.
    2) if I stay for 90 days will it impact if I apply for H1 or L1

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks a lot Ray. Will it impact my future H1 or L1 visa if I stay till 13th jan 2014

Comment

I think there is a risk that you would be considered a visa overstay after Jan 13.

On the other hand, the I-94 expiration date of 3 months later might be worth a request to have your passport stamp adjusted to reflect that later date. As things stand now, it is not certain which of the two dates was intended as the legal expiration date.

--Ray B

Originally posted by phani.dingari View Post
        Thanks a lot Ray. Will it impact my future H1 or L1 visa if I stay till 13th jan 2014

Comment

If you spend full 90 days, future H1b or L1 won't be affected.
          But your current multiple entry B1/B2 can be( that is if you have a long term multiple entry B1/B2).
          I recently read a post where the person was emailed by the embassy to visit the embassy with his passport, after
          he returned from his prolonged B1 stay. He was asked to explain why he stayed couple of months in US when he
          mentioned a short duration during his interview. His B1/B2 was "cancelled without prejudice" when he could not provide
          a satisfactory answer.

Comment

You can still file a visitor visa extension even though they gave you less than the full period of time you expected. Have a good reason and return ticket, and document your basis for extension thoroughly (supporting letters, personal statement/itinerary etc). You can't get do COS to H1B unless your visit status goes past October 1st (assuming you're seeking cap-subject H1B).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X