Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa expired without travelled

Hi,

I got my B1/B2 visa with 3 months validity single entry but somehow my travel to US has been cancelled due to some business decisions (priority changed). now if I don't traveled to US and visa get expired does this affect in future for getting the Visa (for B1 or any other category). My company is planning file L1 visa application after 6 months for me.

Please suggest.

You are not breaking any law by not going. And you have a good explanation so it should be fine. That said, B1/B2 decisions are unpredictable , so the factors that got you only a 3 month visa and not a longer term B1/B2 may come into play again.

Other than that , it will not have any effect on your L1 petition

Comment

Originally posted by smshah_1 View Post
      Hi,

I got my B1/B2 visa with 3 months validity single entry but somehow my travel to US has been cancelled due to some business decisions (priority changed). now if I don't traveled to US and visa get expired does this affect in future for getting the Visa (for B1 or any other category). My company is planning file L1 visa application after 6 months for me.

Please suggest.

Thanks for the reply. Does it means that next time I will get only 3 months visa again. Do I need to submit any document related to cancellation of visit to VO at the time of interview.

Comment

Originally posted by smshah_1 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Does it means that next time I will get only 3 months visa again. Do I need to submit any document related to cancellation of visit to VO at the time of interview.
        No. They will accept your verbal explanation.
        What I am saying is people who get such short term visas are high risk in terms of immigrant potential, otherwise the officers would grant them long term visas .
        So, the next time you apply, the same risks MAY come up again and the decision will depend totally on the officer ( unpredictability).

Could you post the interview when you were given a 3 month visa. ANd were you ever denied before that attempt?
        Last edited by peace999; 01-27-2014, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          No. They will accept your verbal explanation.
          What I am saying is people who get such short term visas are high risk in terms of immigrant potential, otherwise the officers would grant them long term visas .
          So, the next time you apply, the same risks MAY come up again and the decision will depend totally on the officer ( unpredictability).

Could you post the interview when you were given a 3 month visa. ANd were you ever denied before that attempt?
          Below is the Conversation at Consulate:

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good Morning

VO: Why you want to go to US?

Me: For Requirement Study and Business meetings

VO: Where are you working at?

Me: Company Name

VO: Your Designation?

Me: Given my designation at my company

VO: How long you want to visit?

Me: 17 days

VO: ok, so it means 2 weeks. what is your current income per year?

Me: Given exact figure in lakh and thousand (which is near 8 lakh)

VO: Are you marrid?

Me: Yes

VO: Do you have kids?

Me: Yes, 2 Kids

VO: Ok. I am granting your Visa. you are good to go to us. You will get your passport in next 2 -3 days.

The conversation was ended in 3 minutes.

Please suggest if I made any mistake. I have given all the answer correct as it is truth.

Comment

OK. Your interview was just fine. I am surprised you were given a short term visa.

On second thought;
            Actually in giving a 3 month visa they wanted to see if you actually needed to go during that time.So it would have been in yur favour if you had
            made a trip. Now it would all depend on the officer's judgement for the next B1/B2.

But your L1 petition will be totally unaffected by this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X